THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gun Collecting    John S. Rigby Muzzleloading Double Barrel Shotgun, Dublin

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John S. Rigby Muzzleloading Double Barrel Shotgun, Dublin
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
OK...helping a friend sell some guns owned by her late husband.

One of some interest is a cased John S. Rigby percussion double barrel 20 gauge shotgun.

The gun is in fair condition. It has damascus steel barrels with gold bands just forward of the breeches. The barrels are mostly brown but not pitted. The bores are frosted with no pitting. The nipples/breeches are in very good condition and I wouldn't have a problem loading the thing and firing it. The fore end is cracked a little and missing the escutcheon where the ramrod enters to fore end. The ramrod is missing but their is a 3 piece cleaning rod with a worn...eighter rosewood or ebony. The case is wood with the Rigby/Dublin label on the inside.

THe triggers are in good shape. All the metal trim is engraved. The stock is well worn and the checkering is nearly smooth.

The locks are engraved and in good working order

I'm fairly certain its not really collectable given the condition. But you never know especialy since it was made in Ireland before Rigby moved to London. And because its a smaller gauge... Also might be a good candidate for a restoration given the decent condition of the barrels/locks...?

Anyone with any thoughts or ideas?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some detailed pictures would really help. Your on the right track but without actually seeing something I can not offer any insight as to how to proceed.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote