New
Find
Notify
Tools

David Miller rifle for sale
 Login/Join

<GoWyo!>
posted
Howdy all, I was in Cody yesterday and saw a David Miller .30-06 for sale at a local shop. Beautiful rifle, magazine article states that it was his own gun, before selling to the current owner. Only 11,000 bucks! and it's wearing a Leupold 3.5x 10 vxIII. In the shop across the street from the Irma. Go get 'em. Oh yeah, I don't want too much for a finders fee, just tell me how it shoots! Gary

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
About one-fourth replacement cost?

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How it shoots??...For that kind of money I should not have to make the effort. It should shoot by it self. [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 72 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: 27 November 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

For that kind of money I want a rifle with guided ammo that always hits smack in the middle of the shoulder regardless of range, wind or elevation [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Eek!]

What action is one built on? I hope it's not a trued up winchester, a very expencive fixer up [Wink]

/ JOHAN

[ 12-02-2002, 03:05: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
About one-fourth replacement cost?

About 4 times the material and labor
cost?
[Big Grin]

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who is David Miller? Why is his rifle so special? For this kind of money, I think I would rather give it to my girlfriend to make her happy instead.

In my book, no rifle is worth $11k unless it is made out of 24k gold. Do not get me wrong, as I can drop $11k in a heart beat for a piece of toy. A custom rifle is only worthy if somebody is willing to pay for it.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
<GoWyo!>
posted
Hey Mingo, just thought I'd post this as someone earlier in the year was posting pics of his DM Rifle. They are 30K + new. David Miller is apparently a skilled artisan who charges a butt load of dough for his work. Do a search and see what kind of rifle that much scratch will get you.
Personally, for that many dukats, I'd go class III, as they ain't making them no mo'.

[ 01-17-2003, 09:45: Message edited by: GoWyo! ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
GoWyo!

Thanks for the info. I guess that the old saying about a sucker is born every minute is so true. Have fun!

[ 01-19-2003, 19:59: Message edited by: Mingo ]

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote