New
Find
Notify
Tools

www.NewtonRifles.com
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There's a new Newton Book going to be out soon...go to the author's webpage: www.NewtonRifles.com
Sounds like a great book! I want a copy!
Best Regards,
Tom

Posts: 287 | Location: Cody, Wyoming | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
go for the book....

i want a nice newton rifle dancing

tom cabletools@alltel.net

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tomo577: On the "Wildcats & Their Development"
topic forum here, page 2, near the middle are some photos of my Newton Rifles. under topic:"Newtons,
no figs, no drooling" posted by "boomstick" from my photos. I have 3 of them. (Had 4 but sold one to a friend). Now there is one currently on auction on
www.gunbroker.com...a first model. This gun could use some rehab work. If I had this gun, I would remove the aftermarket rear peep sight, then have a gunsmith weld up the extra holes from it..then have the metal completely refinished smooth & reblued. It would look like new.(the metal & barrel). Then the stock could be duplicated with new wood. I've had to do such work on my Newtons to restore them nicely...it costs, but the rifles are worth it.
One Newton rifle I found at a gun show had a big chip at the toe of the buttstock & whoever once had the gun, just nailed it back in place! Ultra crude to say the least! That gun got a new stock copied & of nice Bastogne Walnut.
Best Regards,
Tom

Posts: 287 | Location: Cody, Wyoming | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks but that sounds like too much for me !

i'm looking for one in decent condition that i can just buy and enjoy as is.

let me know if you have any ideas, cheers, tom

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote