New
Find
Notify
Tools

ruger super blackhawk 30 carbine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In a recent trade I got a ruger super blackhawk in 30 carbine, 7 1/2 inch barrel in about 95% condition. Heres the kicker, it is the 66th gun of this caliber, according to the "red eagle news letter". I know the regular value of a blackhawk, but don't know if this is special enough to make a difference.
Any thought on the value?

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Try these folks...Ruger Forum I'm a Ruger fan and have a 4-digit 44 SBH. I'm as curious as you are about your pistol.
Matt

Posts: 1243 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it a Blackhawk (slightly smaller aluminum grip frame/rounded trigger guard) or a a Super Blackhawk (larger steel grip frame with squared trigger guard)? Screws or pins in the frame?

As to whether your early example is of interest to collectors I can't say, but condition is of paramount importance to most collectors.

Posts: 13228 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HEY GUYS,
THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.

BADGER MATT, ALREADY CHECKED ON THERE AND STILL CHECKING.

STONECREEK, IT IS THE NEW MODEL SUPER BLACKHAWK WITH THE STEEL FRAME AND TWO SCREWS

THANKS AGAIN,
DAVE

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would say that since it is a new model, that the collector value would be not much above the value of the same gun, newer, in the same condition. Seems like the Ruger collectors want the old models, or new models that are "different" in some way, such as configuration, special factory grips, etc.
FWIW I had the 32nd new model made in .41 Mag. Took it to a couple of collector type gunshows..what I told you is what they told me.
By the way, the 30 Carbine Rugers are fun to shoot...have owned two of them and will probably sometime own a third. If you can, go shooting after dark! Big Grin

Posts: 1640 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote