New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maps
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted

I have slightly larger versions available, I can email to you if you need a little more detail.

I don't have a larger version of the Tanzania map above, so just put your cursor on the map and LEFT Click, then RIGHT Click on "Save Picture As" if you want to save it on your computer.

-------NEW - MARCH 8, 2005-----

I just discovered a current and very detailed map of the hunting concessions in Tanzania. I could post a picture, but it would loose too much detail.

Click on this link GTZ

Click on the icon next to the document titled:

"TOURIST HUNTING AND IT'S ROLE IN DEVELOPMENT OF WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREAS IN TANZANIA"

The map is on page 7 of the document.

Here is a smaller version of the map, but to get all the detail, it is best to go to the full map.

_____NEW___________ March 9

Thanks to Bwanamich, I also have a Tanzania Map (in pdf format) showing the concessions and highlighting the concessions controlled by the 5 largest outfitters. Email for that map, title your email "Tanzania Map 5" so I will know which one to send to you.

Smaller version of the Tanzania Map 5

New February, 2006

MOZ Map
This map shows only the numbered Coutadas (hunting blocks). There are hunting concessions in other areas of Mozambique. [There are hunting blocks around Niassa Reserve and a hunting concessions in the west near Zimbabwe].

I have a larger version of this map, best to email me for it. Title email "MOZ Map"

Here is a map from Johan Calitz Website [click on Camp Photos - Mozambique for the map]. It shows the hunting concessions around Niassa Reserve in Mozambique (in the northern part of Mozambique).

I don't have a larger version of this map.

Smaller version of a map of the hunting concessions in Burkina Faso (not sure if this covers all the concessions in Burkina Faso). Email me for a larger version.

################################################################
Selous Topo map (email for larger version)

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I have not been able to find any maps of the hunting concessions in Botswana, but this site has some good maps Botswana Maps

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
As a good desk reference map, I can highly recommend The Road Atlas of South & East Africa by Map Studio. Available from Omnimap for $11.95. Item # 65-3088-5

It has some safari areas of ZIM like Chete, Chirisa and Chewore but not others like, Dande or Binga. It has the major game reserves of Tanzania as well.

Here's sample

I use mine all the time.

Regards,

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
try this web page its from the univ. of texas, you will find a ton of maps of every region, and even old historical maps.

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa.html

Posts: 40 | Location: MA., USA | Registered: 19 February 2005Reply With Quote