New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checkering Video
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just was made aware of this new forum. Here's a short checkering video we just made: https://youtu.be/Bnd5iRZTocQ

Posts: 556 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thanks

Posts: 417 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great video thanks for posting !!!

Posts: 476 | Location: British Columbia Canada  | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice job and great vid.

Posts: 629 | Location: Australia | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 556 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it.
Makes me want to dig out my MMC machine and learn how to use it.

Posts: 17005 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howdy MNR, ....and anyone my chime in please.

Thanks for the awesome video!
I like the videos you've posted.

I have a question for you sir.
The video shows the checkerer is right handed, yet I see him working left to right, while spacing, rather than right to left, which I've always done. Is this because he's simply BETTER and more skilled (which he certainly is) or have I been working backwards and/or just need to be ambidextrous in my direction?

I hope that question make sense sir,

Zeke

Posts: 2269 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He must be a young guy, no glasses or magnifier
Cool

With that spacing tool, direction does not matter. However, with an MMC, the spacing can only go in one direction unless it is a LH/RH instrument, usually right to left.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5495 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
He must be a young guy, no glasses or magnifier
Cool

With that spacing tool, direction does not matter. However, with an MMC, the spacing can only go in one direction unless it is a LH/RH instrument, usually right to left.

Thanks Jim for the reply!
I saw that he didn't have glasses or a magnifier and was angry-jealous. haha

My power tool it dedicated right to left which works out well since I'm right handed but my hand cutters will space right or left depending on what tool I use. Moving left to right is more difficult for me and my vision on the "cut" side is impaired.

I'm just a slow hack at it anyways compared to most.

Thanks,
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZekeShikar:
Howdy MNR Zeke

Zeke, the checkerer in the video is Matthew Roberts, owner of MNR Custom, met him at DSC, hell of a nice guy....and talented too.

Posts: 510 | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim@IMReps:
quote:
Originally posted by ZekeShikar:
Howdy MNR Zeke

Zeke, the checkerer in the video is Matthew Roberts, owner of MNR Custom, met him at DSC, hell of a nice guy....and talented too.

Uh, yessir, I'd say he's talented!
I've sure enjoyed the videos he's posted and/or on his site.

Thanks for the reply.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 510 | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the new video Jim. I had meant to post it here earlier.

Zeke: I missed your earlier post. It looks like Mr. Kobe answered your question regarding the multi-directional use of the cutter. Thank you very much for the compliments. I'm glad you've enjoyed the videos.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed several of the videos
I really like the one where express sites were made

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I very much enjoyed that video - Thanks!

Elk, it's what's for dinner..

Posts: 267 | Location: So. Oregon | Registered: 11 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post