Find
Notify
Tools

I need help fast please.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
I accidentally dry-fired my uncle's bow and it broke the cable slide off and some cables came off the top cam. It wouldn't be too hard to have a shop fix, but it's an old Browning Mag Reflex. The first shop I went to said they can't get hold of any old cable slides for it. I really don't want to have to give it back broke, does anyone know where I could possibly get one?

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Here's three pictures to help explain.

The whole bow.

The messed up end that's missing the piece.

The bottom, it has the piece the top is missing.

Thanks for any help.

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

One of Us
Picture of ManCannon
posted Hide Post
For Sale in ROOTSTOWN, OH
Compound bow, Browning mag reflex, sites, quiver & arrows, $80 330-592-0344 ROOTSTOWN (330) 592-0344 Date Ad Placed: 06-JUL-06

"The atomic bomb made the prospect of future war unendurable. It has led us up those last few steps to the mountain pass; and beyond there is a different country." - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Posts: 385 | Location: Midwestern Corn Desert | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
That's awesome, is there a link to that?

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Are the cable slides interchangeable at all? I saw some in an online store and the designs look pretty much the same.

Picture of mg66
posted Hide Post
I have a Mathews and I always have the Pro I go to make them to suit from scratch. He does and excellent job. Maybe this is a possibility. You need a pro that knows what he is doing though.

http://www.bghi.us
Bow and Gun Hunting Illinois

"Every deer you legally take with a bow is a trophy"

Posts: 8 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tyler, the cable slide should be a standard 3/8" rod slide. Check Lancaster Archery as a possibility, and also, you might call Browning, although their customer service usually sucks.

Good Luck--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
The cable slide thingy on my bow doesn't look exactly liek the others online, and it isn't on the metal rod. Would it hurt to put one on there like the rest of the bows or would the cables not stay together?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why don't you call Browning? That piece is not called a cable slide, it is a torque synchronizer. I would think Browning would have some.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
I'm not trying to promote another web site but go to www.archerytalk.com there are some good guys over there and they might be able to put you on the right path. To fixing your bow.

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote