Notify
Tools

Re: Spray foam target fix
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Jean,

Are bowhunters a rare breed in France? What are your hunting opportunities there? Do you get much selection on archery equipment in France?

Don't be jealous about Africa. Just work a lot of overtime or take up another job. If I can make a few trips there just about anyone can!

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Ann,

BTW, I'll never book an African hunting whithout prior asking You. A pity I am still stuck, those lions and ele opportunities get me mad......and jealous.
Thanks.

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use both of these ideas. I've also heard that if you use the plastic grocery store bags inside the bags, they'll last even longer.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Ann, you have got the best solution.

I am using bags full of rags and it�s more than good for me. I was bored to destroy my joints pulling painfully off my arrows out of Mc Kenzies. The best way to be fed up with practicing.
The trouble is the sacks are hard to find and fragile.
I got hold of KEVLAR bags and KEVLAR silhouettes (fox, boar, rabbit). These bags aren�t cheap but very tough and durable. They can sustain each a couple of hundreds arrows. Patchs are available to repair them.
I am getting the rags from the President of our county�s bow-hunters association. He is an interior decorator and is very glad to be rid of the rest of the fabric he doesnt use to make curtains and other women frill. He is saving money because he must pay to discard the rags.
Even a toddler can pull the arrow off the rags bags. I cannot understand why so many people keep on Mckenzies?

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote