Find
Notify
Tools

First crossbow
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of befus
posted
At age 56 I just bought my first crossbow. I found a used Horton Hunter Supreme with scope mount and quiver. I paid $125 and was pleased with the way it shot in the back yard (like I know what it is supposed to shoot like). I also got a Horton scope on eBay for it.

It is a 150# bow and I wondered if anyone would care to give advice as to the best type bolt and hunting head for whitetail deer? Best weight head? TIA.

Posts: 241 | Location: Beautiful NW Arkansas | Registered: 27 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to the Horton Site and ask them what they reccomend for that xbow. They even may have a owners manual on line or they will give you info on how to contact them. If They list a toll free # I would give them a call. Jim

Posts: 5226 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot 125 thunderheads with my excaliber I shoot a moose with it last fall passed right through and broke one
shoulder

Posts: 102 | Location: southeast b.c. | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i'm thinking of getting my first crossbow too.......i've seen a commando style 120 lb. at SG i'd like to get........

one of us
posted Hide Post
With my older Horton Explorer (150lbs), I shot Horton Lightningstrike bolts with 130 grain Wasp broadheads. My total projectile weight was 515 grains, and they always performed well for me.

Posts: 190 | Location: Manotick, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 24 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me guess Rick - lever action??