New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crossbow ????
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is it a problem to shoot one in the rain?

I notice water accumulation in the cams.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fire away.

Posts: 212 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 24 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, same thing with a Compound....not an issue. Rain just makes tracking tougher, as the rain washes away the blood trail.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me tell you why I ask.

I shot it to uncork it. It sounded odd. In addition, 2 of the noise dampening devices went flying.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
what kind was it? That shouldn't happen.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thecanadian:
what kind was it? That shouldn't happen.

The high dollar 10 Point with the carbon fiber.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
keep a little coating of oil,, like remington gun oil on the slide the bolt sits in and it will help some in the rain

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back to the dealer....that's not right. Have them fire it. If it sounds strange, you may have a cracked limb, untimed cams, or a myriad of other things.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote