THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Scent-A-Way Products....my take

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Scent-A-Way Products....my take
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Seeing as how I smoke,I figure I'm not going to mask it. Never tried. Someone mentioned coffee---drink plenty of that too. Even if I didnt smoke,spend time around the campfire and pick up that odor too. What the hell,if you kill an animal,that's when the work begins and the fun ends. Despite my efforts to prolong my fun,I've been close to lots of em.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last year while bow hunting in Africa, I was in a ground blind with my wife. I was using Scent Killer, etc. and she wasn't. We had a Kudu cow walk up to within 5 feet at eye level with us. We were absolutely still. She could smell my sweet smelling wife, but she couldn't decide what she was. She could not smell me and never really saw me even though she looked my direction. She stared into the blind for quite sometime and finally walked away.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Plinker, most of it is a sales pitch to make money. Only thing I do is wash my clothes in Sports Wash to prevent the UV glow from the brighteners found in detergents (it's in the cheer too.)I just shower with Zest and use my regular deodorant and never have any trouble from a tree stand. It is very rare that a deer scents me. I have them on all sides of me, upwind and downwind.
If you stalk deer on the ground, you will not stalk with the wind at your back unless you are dumb, so why worry? I tried some of that stuff to kill scent, eehhh, waste of money. A deer's nose is very long and most of it's brain is fed from this nose. It can pick up something like 1 part per billion of scent. Do you think it can be fooled?

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote