New
Find
Notify
Tools

New arrow rest
 Login/Join

Picture of marquezlc
posted
I have a QAD hunter rest on my PSE bow madness. It is the second bow this rest has been on and I cNt seem to tune it so the fletching won't hit. No matter what I do I get contact. I am starting to think that it is just worn out and bouncing back up. Any help or suggestions on a new rest would be great. I shoot Easton fmj with blazer vanes

Posts: 50 | Location: Northern NM | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had a Mathews Ultra-Rest on my Monster Seven since I bought it six or seven years ago. Works perfectly, and easy to adjust. My nephew conned me out of it last fall, and shot a nice Turkey and a Muley buck over in Oregon.

Blast from the past: I have an ancient Hoyt Alpha-Tec target bow, stuck one on it after shooting the rest on my Seven.

I have a Mathews Monster Wake being built, and that is what I will put on it.

Sometimes the vibration pattern of various rests can't be made to work with certain bows.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used Ripcords on four different bows, with perfect results.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
certainly could be bouncing back up. make sure the rest is coming all the way up in the last inch or so of the draw.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I make it a point to raise the rest manually as soon as I nock the arrow.

Are you doing that?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of marquezlc
posted Hide Post
Any suggestions on a good rest

Picture of marquezlc
posted Hide Post
Do Matthews rests fit other bows

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I have a Trophy Ridge drop away rest on my Switchback. Works fine.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of marquezlc
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I wonder if I should just go with a whisker buiscut and nt mess with a drop away

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ripcord.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
marque, many hunters use the whisker buiscuit as they believe it secures the arrow better.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, for hunting purposes, the difference in accuracy and arrow speed using a Whisker Biscuit are not enough to outweigh the convenience and reliability of using one. I even shot informal 3D with one for some time.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
Im a lttle late to this party. Alas i do have opinions. Is the QAD being pulled back like it should be in that last inch or so of your draw cycle? That is more than likely the problem. Check the and see if you can slide the control string with your fingers.
I have two QAD rests. One on a PSE Decree and one on a PSE Bow Madness 34. They work great and have no bounce back at all as far as I can tell.
With all that said, come September that Decree will have a biscuit on it for sure! 3 or 4 fps is not the for the peace of mind they provide.
(the Decree is shooting my hunt hunting arrow (340fps by the way) ;-)

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
take a look at the new Axion. My archery shop owner and one of his staff members are shooting it now, and they can certainly use anything they want.