New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Archery Newbie
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I had a rough job, 8 years of pulling aircraft fuel hoses and 34 years of loading bags and mail in airplane pits while on my knees. I always had elbow and shoulder problems. By shooting my bows, all of the pain would go away and I never tore a rotator cuff at work because of good shoulder strength. In my years, I can't count the torn rotators among fellow workers.
Archery WILL help you.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Plinker, yes I have heard of it. What did they make? I retired and seem to have more work now. I will never figure out how I did everything before going to work. Some days I just quit and load ammo or shoot my bows. Never learned how to sit and relax.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Plinker,
Welcome to the addiction
As for the bow shooting better at peak weight ... it used to be the case but I find each bow to behave differently just like gunsand ammo, in that some prefer a slightly lower draw weight than max for best performance. Now I am not saying minimum weight will be best but each has it's own sweetspot. Now keep in mind when you increase the draw weight you might have to make a change to the arrows you are shooting and most likly a change to the nock point as increasing the draw weight will change the string length and placement on the cams.

Enjoy and congratulations on finally getting into archery!!!!!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote