THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: I Passed on One Last Night........

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: I Passed on One Last Night........
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted
The first day of Black Powder season I talked to a guy and his son that saw 6 does within shooting distance. I asked him why he didnt shoot he said he had a Buck tag and wasn't going to shoot a doe. The last day when the sun went down I asked him if he had any chance to shoot a Buck. He told me that he didn't see any more deer and wished he had taken one of the Doe's.

Where I hunt if I see a Deer I shoot it or I may not get another chance. Anything with momma or spots on it I let walk away, we have to leave some to grow up.

Good luck I hope it doesn't happen to you.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
They way things are going, bad weather and all, I may have one of those tag soup years! The leaves have been knocked off the trees now and by noon today winds are supposed to be hitting 40 mph. Guess I will pass on the hunting and fix fence. A tree blew over on my pasture fencing and this should allow me to shore it up.

Tomorrow's weather should be better and I have plans to go up to Marlette, but that area is better for fireamrs hunting as it is big farm country. Lots of open fields. I killed two huge does there last year with my shot gun. I have heard a buck I looked at a lot last year is still around. Maybe I can get him this year!

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I hunted my own property for the first time this season. I had a buck come in, first one I have seen while hunting this year. He was what I call a fork and a half. Almost had a 5th point on one side, no brow tines. Obviously a yearling. I watched him for a long time and decided to let him slide.

This was tough to do as I have seen few deer so far and have not even put a doe in the freezer yet.

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
Ann- you should have run to the house and got him some high protein food.
need to fatten em up like a Angus