New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friend lost eye
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guy's a good friend of mine had a stroke and lost the sight in his right eye. He still wants to bow hunt is there any sights out there that could let him shoot right handed and use his left eye? Thanks BB

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 423 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shooters who are cross dominant have been found to to better shooting to the dominant eye side .It's easier to train the hand than the eye. In the past they made weird 'dog leg' stocks for rifles so you could shoot right handed and left eyed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
it takes a lot more practice but he could shoot instinctive.i learned it a will never go back to a peep and sights.less shit to go wrong and longer shooting light.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen guys at 3d shoots, using the left eye as a right handed shooter. They had to do some custom machining to their sights, but it seemed to work very well for them.

Posts: 252 | Location: Morris IL USA | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
You can setup a Timberline No-Peep to work with the opposite eye.

He then can keep using his existing pin sights. He'll just have to adjust the windage some.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
My brothers first bow sight way back when was a zero magnification optical sight (modern incarnation of a bazooka sight). Wacky sight that got changed rather soon afterwards but admittedly was a workable sight. Just another opinion for your friend to consider.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7753 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote