The Accurate Reloading Forums
Got my mount back!!! It turned out great.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1021043/m/878103084

15 May 2006, 05:45
Stump humper
Got my mount back!!! It turned out great.
Cory wright Taxidermy did a awsome job on my cat. Cory is truly second to none!!!
15 May 2006, 06:05
ncboman
That's beautiful.

Even the detail on the base is a work of art.
15 May 2006, 15:09
Don_G
Nice!

What's the story?

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!
15 May 2006, 16:51
Stump humper
Saturday afternoon Openning day of bow season. I was heading down this canyon in starkey unit here in Oregon and down off the trail was a very nice cat. I moved into position at about 50 yards the cat started to move so I picked a spot and shot the thunderhead hit the mark sending the big cat in a tail spin and he managed to cross the creek and vanish into the blow down on the other side. I waited for a while to give this big fella a chance to die and then my buddys and I went in to tracking mode. I was leading and we found the blood right away after about 20 yards I came to the blow down where I had lost sight of him. As I stepped on the log the cat lunged at me I ran back and he laid back down!! I then cleaned my shorts and waited about another 15 minites and went back in with my best friend Bill at full draw, I eased in to see what was going to happen and as I got at about two feet away he jumped up and I let another thunderhead rock his world, he came out and turned only to go another 10 yards and then die . I have many pic's . If you hunt starky you can see some pics at the starky store, This was the most exciting hunt of my life to date.
18 May 2006, 20:04
nickblaze
thats awesome, please post some more pics of that. i'm in awe.
18 May 2006, 20:32
Stump humper

18 May 2006, 20:41
Don_G
Wow!

Wish I'd have been there!

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!
18 May 2006, 21:47
nickblaze
that is honestly one of the most impressive mounts i have ever seen. beautiful.
18 May 2006, 22:43
Anders
Great mount, great trophy and a superb hunting experience! Thanks for sharing! What a piece of art... Smiler
I`m a rifle-hunter, but I hope you don`t mind me popping into the bowhunting section every now and then.. Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com