New
Find
Notify
Tools

great hunt Monday
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On stand Monday morning and heard antlers rattling to my right. About 80 yards away behind some pines were to small bucks, one six point and a seven, sparring with one another. They came into bow range and both rubbed the same tree and done a little more sparing and aggresively walking toward one another. It was a great site to wittness, especialy were I live and hunt. If anyone is wondering why I didn't arrow neither buck it was partly because they were both young and that they were onto me from the time they got into bow range. They were not very skitish to the fact that "something" was in the tree but I couldn't move without one of them throwing its head up. After about 30 minutes they wondered off and I did grunt the six point back but he stayed in the thick stuff while looking for the deer.

Just thought I would share that with you!

Posts: 231 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
It doesn't get a whole lot better than that. Very Cool

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
T Smilerhat's what it's all about..

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Amen! cheers

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
I got busted twice by does this evening due to a twitchy wind. gave up and came home empty.

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I got lucky, I killed 2 Does tonight.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns