THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Crossbow accuracy question

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Crossbow accuracy question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I shoot a 10-point stealth. I have been shooting this now for about 5 years. It has 185# limbs. Shoots fast. The accuracy is great but ther is an arc to the arrow due to its short length and short power stroke. It is the rail type system, no rest.

I had difficulty getting broadheads to shoot well from the bow. I was using all the fancy light bolts and small fletching that you see being sold all over.

I finally got smart. Went to the 2219 with 125g head and 5" helical feathers (tight helical). The broadheads came right back to the field points. I shoot the 125g Muzzy 4 blade. It did slow the bow down to about 305 fps but it shoots really well.

My advise is to stay away from the light carbon or aluminum (2415's) bolts. They shoot field points great and are fast but they can damage your bow. I bent the axles on mine. If you use the 2219's it will eliminate some problems before you get started and will help keep the noise down (if its possible).

Posts: 32 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote