New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dry fired
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I go a Bear apprentice 2 a few years ago. I let my cousin hold it... and he dry fired it Mad

It has shot good for the last few year and now I am now trying to start bowhunting. lately I have read how horrible it is to dry fire and now I'm afraid to touch it.
Is it safe to shoot?

Posts: 54 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
Take it to your local archery pro shop and let them confirm all is still in order before you shoot the bow.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
I dry fired my 2013 Bowtech Destroyer limited edition, don't ask me why but it regretfully happened. I was shattered but the bow was fine except for the string which snapped. Saying that l will agree strongly with Gerhard and take to Bow shop.

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made a huge mistake and dry fired my Hoyt Faktor while in a blind in Africa in July. I had a back up bow and did well with it.
My string was partially off the bottom cam and nearly broke in two.
My string and cables needed replacing and that's all.
Do take it to a pro shop and have them look it over. There could be cam, axle, limb or other issues.
Good luck.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote