Find
Notify
Tools

World Record Gemsbuck
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted
We have just come back from a sucsessful hunt in the North West SA. Shot a really good Gemsbuck of 44 7/8" and 44". According to the taxidermist the one horn is a new world record but the horn of 44" will put this Gemsbuck in the number 2 position. Shot with a Nova PSE at 64 pounds. Thank-you all for the advice in my thread "PSE and Mathews penetration" All one shot kills. Plenty penetration on all game shot.

Impala and Springbuck also harvested

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! Congratulations on your trophy. If those horns are too long for your trophy room I've got some shorter ones I'd be happy to swap with you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!! How far was the shot? Is the side we see the entrance? And if so was it quartering towards you?

the chef

One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
shazam!!!! thats a long set of horns!! congrats

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
WELL DONE!!!!

The "heart" pic...That's the mark of true bowhunter. beer

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
Thank-you all for the well wishes.

The shot was taken at 17m with the animal slightly quatering. The side you see is the entry wound, there was no pass through of the arrow it stopped on the inside of the far ribs.

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
The Gemsbuck was actually shot by my hunting partner and not me to top it off this is the first ungulate he has ever taken with his bow. I will pass all your wishes onto him.

Here is a pic of the initiation. Note the mampoer in the left of the picture

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mooi Ghundwan,
At Dawie Pienaar's place I believe?
Proud of your buddie.
Lochi.

Hunters pay for conservation. Without funds from hunting the African game cannot survive.
www.affordableafricanhunting.com

Posts: 240 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
Lochi,

Yae it was at Dawie's farm, he is just as chuffed as we are

Nice farm and excellent people Roy and Dawie.

One of Us
Picture of Fulldraw Outdoor Media
posted Hide Post
That old gal is a hell of a way to get started in bow hunting, that's for sure. Congrats to the hunter. I'm green with envy!

At fulldraw,
Tyge Floyd
Fulldraw Outdoor Media
"From Alaska to Zimbabwe...Have Cameras, Will Travel"

Posts: 142 | Location: Texas | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
The heart pic is sort of a ritual with my hunting partners and myself. We don't even want to see the head/rack until we see the shot placement & the heart Cool

Your friend hit it well I would think he severed at least one of the major arterys....making for a fast kill.

I'm happy to have him join the bowhunting fraternity!

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a very fine Gemsbok and a very well placed shot. Whether a bull or a cow, it does not matter. Growing to that size means that that animal was wary and wise and a worthy opponent for any hunter, rifle or bow. The fact that it was taken with a bow and so cleanly at that, only makes it so much sweeter.

One of Us
Picture of ManCannon
posted Hide Post
Way to go!!!!!!!! thumb thumb thumb

"The atomic bomb made the prospect of future war unendurable. It has led us up those last few steps to the mountain pass; and beyond there is a different country." - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Posts: 385 | Location: Midwestern Corn Desert | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
Thank-you for all the positive response. The Gemsbuck will be mounted as a pedestal mount

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your trophy!!