THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Scent-A-Way Products....my take

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Scent-A-Way Products....my take
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

We had a Kudu cow walk up to within 5 feet at eye level with us. We were absolutely still. She could smell my sweet smelling wife, but she couldn't decide what she was.

That cow sure must have had a comical look on it's face. Some of those soap smells, like Ann's vanilla, heck, they might actually like that. But sweat, which has been around since time beginning, that's what they mainly associate with human odor.

Might try that suave vanilla, and i think suave makes green apple, too, which might be a good cover/attractant scent.

About the smoking/coffee drinking and campfires and still managing to get close to animals. Someone just posted picture of a big buck they killed and said they had just got home from work and was still in their street clothes. Makes you wonder. But for a novice like me, who doesn't know much about the wind and such, best not to cut any corners.

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Soap: use unscented PHISODERM AND BAKING SODA

Detergent: I use that Scent away stuff or the UV killer stuff, BUT, I keep my clothes hanging outside almost during the entire hunting season protected under a roof. I only rewash them if I sweat.

Walking uphill 3/4 mile: you are wearing too much for the hike. Dress light, carry extra in backpack if possible.

Deodorant: I have used ARID unscented since 1988 and have never had a problem.

Deer PEE: I will not ever buy pee from any WMart, KMart, pro shop etc. ever again. Do you all know what the key ingredient is in Tinks 69? ANISE. NOT HEAT PEE. That is why bucks are CURIOUS.

I have been buying pee from Buckeye Scents in Ansonia, OHIO for 3-4 years now. YOU CAN BUY 16 OZ OF DOE PEE OR BUCK PEE FOR $20!! I drive up there every year for my supply. He will never advertise 'doe in heat' but he tells me that when there's mucus in the urine, it's a good sign, let alone the bucks are trying to get to the does and vice versa.

Good luck.