THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    YYYEEEEEOOOWWWWCCHHHHH, anyone ever have ..

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YYYEEEEEOOOWWWWCCHHHHH, anyone ever have ..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A CARBON fiber arrow shrapnel on them?
Was at a local 3D shoot when guy fired up his 60# compund and them all of a sudden he gave out a yell that spooked even the foam targets into running for cover.
His armguard soaked up most of it but he still had enough little black pieces in him to make a trip to the hospital interesting.

I'm kinda new to compounds. Always shot an old Bear recurve for a long time. Never paid much attention to the new technology. Now I have a PSE in 75#. I was thinking for dumping the aluminums to go to the carbon BUT that really got me to thinking.
is that a common thing out there or just a really fluky event.

NEVER fear the night. Fear what hunts IN the night.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this pic has been floating around check it out
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/smokeeter/CEarrow410-21-04.jpg

One of Us
Picture of ManCannon
posted Hide Post
It happens, but about as frequently as tire blow outs... Once in awhile, or maybe never, if you take care of your equipment. Gold Tips "Flex it First" is an attempt at getting you to inspect your arrows prior to each shot. Need some advice??? Go with carbons, but just remember to provide them the due care they deserve. Inspect each end of the arrow for cracks, and flex it to see if you can hear cracks. Also, if you hit something very hard, just take a $5 loss and toss the arrow. Carbon arrows are great, but they're not idiot proof... thumb

"The atomic bomb made the prospect of future war unendurable. It has led us up those last few steps to the mountain pass; and beyond there is a different country." - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Posts: 385 | Location: Midwestern Corn Desert | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
this pic has been floating around check it out

That pic looks to be fake.

Posts: 1118 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
dont look fake to me.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
USe the new Full MEtal Jackets so you have a layer of aluminum over the carbon which should prevent this from happening and they are great arrows from what I have heard so far.

Posts: 132 | Location: MA | Registered: 30 December 2004Reply With Quote