THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    The most comfortable climber

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The most comfortable climber
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted
I feel happy with my ultra-light Lonewolf climber. But, God, after a couple of hours my bum is aching because the seat is small and spartian.
I would like to buy a not too heavy really comfortable climber : wide and padded seat, wide platform.

What do You advise, Please

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
look at summit's line of climbers. Very comfortable to sit in on stand, and not too heavy. i've been using them for nearly a decade.

gd

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll second what GD said, I have several summits stands, and they have very comfortable seats, but equally, if not more important to me, they are extremely stable and quiet!

Good hunting--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got the bowhunting Summit (Bushmaster, I believe). I think they're wider and more comfortable than most without being really heavy. Also I find them more stable than other brands I've used.

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
GD, Don (Fish30114) and Skl1

I heartfully thank You.
I'll scrutinize the Summit's line of climber and choose a comfortable one. Here come Fall and Winter and comfort will be more desirable now. How can one feel miserable sometimes when stuck on a climber for nothing. Better to gather all possibly assets.
Good hunting
jean

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
If you want a big stand, the Summit Goliath is nice. The viper is nice as well for a normal sized climber.

The only thing I hate about all of my lightweight climbers is they are noisy. Aluminum stands are just plain loud when climbing. I've tried many different aluminum stands and they were all too loud but, they are so nice to carry. If I'm only going a short distance, it's hard to beat a good quiet steel climber.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Browntailguy
posted Hide Post
I have a Summit Goliath and it is very nice. Nice and roomy. Easy to put up and take down.

Posts: 14 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
I have a summit goliath and love it. Just be carefull to not fall asleep, you might miss a big one!

Walk softly and carry a big bore!

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote