Find
Notify
Tools

Sights for the bow ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted
A couple of years ago I bought the Evolution 2000 package. Last year do to the terrorist attack I didn't get to use the bow at all. I just went out shooting the bow today & man the pin sights that came with this bow stink. What I'm looking for is a good bow sight for hunting purposes. I'd like to keep it in the affordable range. Can anyone give me a good suggestion in this area?
Rich Jake

[ 09-02-2002, 11:31: Message edited by: Rich Jake ]

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Mark Mcdeavitt>
posted
I have been shooting for over 20 years and the best advice for your money would be, Archers choice (GRIZZLY) site. I hunted with one for 4 years and loved it. It's a 3 pin fiber optic site. It has a rugged guard on it. I would even shoot this site on 3-d shoots. It also was the most popular seller in our archery shop'

Godspeed,
Mark [Wink]

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
I'll check it out! Thanks
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the "old fashoned" Pin sights. I don't use the fiber optic since the fiber is wrapped around the outside of the pin.
I am a firm believer in the concept of KISS and I can on;y imagine stalking/still hunting through very thick brush to get within bow range of the Trophy of a lifetime only to realize the fiber got caught on a piece of brush and broken or ripped off.......
Well you get the picture [Big Grin]
Am I old fashoned .. Well Maybe but then again.
I look for a good plate type sight mount and pins with a pin guard. Should cost about 30 bucks for 4 pins.

Hope this helps

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
amosgreg
By the time I saw your post I already bought & installed a new sight on my bow. I ended up buying the Savage Fiber Max Supreme W/3 pins.It is a basic 3 pin sight with the fibre optic pins. A lot better than what came with the bow. All I have to do now is install the new peep & I should be in business. I just hope that I have enough adjustment with this sight. Well I guess that I will see shortly.
Rich Jake

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good Luck Rich Jake,
Let us know how it goes!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote