Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bowtech Tomcat?
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
Dave,

Thanks for the comments. I'd read you shoot a bowtech, but I wasn't sure which model. I've been wanting to get back into archery for awhile, but never seem to have cash in hand when the urge hits. All my children have gotten bows for their birthdays, and enjoy shooting them. I've actually been shooting them quite a bit and need to get my own

Seems like there are enough bow only hunts that it would be nice to have some more options, especially closer to home.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I just might finally break down and get back into archery. I was looking at various bows at a local shop, and the sales guy was pushing the Tomcat as the best entry level bow. My main interest is an easy shooting foregiving bow, I'm not after super speed or minimal axle to axle distance. He claims the Tomcat is easy shooting, as well as short and fast. Anyhow shot one?

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Bowtech makes a very fine product but look around. They are on the expensive side (like Matthews) and I think you could do well with something less expensive at an entry level. If you decide down the road to move up, then spend the big buckaroos.

There are many fine makes out there, try as many out as you can. One will seem to fit you better than the others. I recommend trying the Parker brand for value and quality. That's what I presently shoot. I've killed a lot of critters from giraffe to bison, bear, deer and down to warthog with it. It will go moose hunting with me next month. I am looking at Bowtech for a cape buffalo bow, maybe someday, like I said $$$$$$!

Good luck!

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul: As you have probably read on another site I have the Pro 40 Dually. At first I was not so sure about the purchase as I had problems shooting the bow. Technology has changed since I bought my last bow in 1990.

I tried to set it up but finally went to Fletchers in Wasilla and in 10 minutes he had me shooting great. Now that I am used to it, it is awesome. The cams are fast, you don't have much letup at the top end.

I could never shoot 40/50 yard groups before. Like I said Awesome machine!!!

Took one bear with it and am getting ready for a moose draw in Fairbanks.

Customer service has been great so far. Nothing wrong, just wanted to be sure I had it set-up correctly.

Posts: 361 | Location: Valdez, AK (aka Heaven) | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I'll second that Pearson statement. They are great Bows, the quietest I have ever heard. They are pretty swift too, I get 275 fps w/ my hunting setup.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote