Tools

Bow hunting Cape Buff???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted
Guys,

I have been wondering...

A Cape Buff Bull hunt is very expensive.

Would you consider bow hunting a Cape Buff Cow for a reasonable price?

I have a limited amount of cow's available but I dont really know if there would be any interest in hunting a Buff Cow...

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe, I always wanted to hunt cape buff, but I never could convince myself to spend the money. I have hunted water buff in Australia quite a bit and even PH'd there and we probably had as many close calls from cow buffalo as from bulls. Could other species be hunted as well?

Posts: 421 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loboga:
Maybe, I always wanted to hunt cape buff, but I never could convince myself to spend the money. I have hunted water buff in Australia quite a bit and even PH'd there and we probably had as many close calls from cow buffalo as from bulls. Could other species be hunted as well?

Yes,

We are working on a package that will include other plains game with the bow.

You are welcome to PM me for more details.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd think there would be lots of interest in bowhunting cows. I'd wander over to Tradgang.com and do a post in the dangerous game forum if I were you. It's especially interesting to a "traditional" bowhunter.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calgarychef1:
I'd think there would be lots of interest in bowhunting cows. I'd wander over to Tradgang.com and do a post in the dangerous game forum if I were you. It's especially interesting to a "traditional" bowhunter.

the chef

Thank you sir,

As soon as we have everything finalized I will visit the forum.

All the best,

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come to think of it I think bowsite.com would be a good place too. I'm not sure of the posting rules for either of these forums though....not as nice as Sayeed is when it comes to making money on "their" forums.

cheers

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gerhard, yes if you go to those sites, they frown on flat out advertising for business(if you aren't paying them). So you have to be subtle about it,i.e. its probably OK to do a survey about how many folks would consider a cow cape buff hunt and you can PM the ones that reply. I know a few folks iterested in buff hunts as well and would be happy to pass along the info.

Posts: 421 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loboga:
Gerhard, yes if you go to those sites, they frown on flat out advertising for business(if you aren't paying them). So you have to be subtle about it,i.e. its probably OK to do a survey about how many folks would consider a cow cape buff hunt and you can PM the ones that reply. I know a few folks iterested in buff hunts as well and would be happy to pass along the info.

Thank you Sir,

I will PM you the info later today...

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I post regularly on Bowsite, and would be glad to put something up over there if you'd like. Just let me know.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
I post regularly on Bowsite, and would be glad to put something up over there if you'd like. Just let me know.

Thank you Sir,

You have a PM

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What sort of pricing are we discussing?
Do you guide clients who shoot Matthews Z-7 Monsters?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
What sort of pricing are we discussing?
Do you guide clients who shoot Matthews Z-7 Monsters?

Rich

Rich,

Please have a look at the link below

http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/8781050621

As long as the equipment used are legal and have the required momentum to kill a buff and the hunter can shoot this set up accurately to 50 yards I really dont care what bow he is using...

Even if it is a Matthews ... Big Grin

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
does this extend to crossbows? mine shoots a 450 grain bolt at 375ft/sec.(approx 140ft.lbs). obviously i could shot a heavier bolt at slower speed but same kinetic energy. one thing for sure- the kinetic energy would equal or better just about any bow out there and i have really come to enjoy hunting with it. i guess what i am asking is if crossbows are legal, do you have an objection to them?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13140 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote