THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Bow grip - what a difference it makes

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bow grip - what a difference it makes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted
I have been shooting with the bow since 2005 and always had to work hard at not torquing the bow.

When I got my Bowtech Destroyer 350 this bow just turned out to be a tack driver of note.

Last year I bought the Bowtech RPM 365 and I just could not get comfortable with the bow. I had serious torque issues.

Because I dont get to shoot a lot now while working in Saudi I was actually contemplating selling the RPM and hunt with my Destroyer in my July hunt.

I am at home for a weekend with my daughter's B Day today and my mom in hospital I could pop into my local Pro Shop and discuss the options selling the bow for me.

The Pro Shop owner knows me from 2005, know my shooting style and what I tend to do...

So he said lets try one thing before you make the final decision to sell.

He took of the factory grip and replace it with thin custom grips.

I dont like doing paper tuning a lot but he told me to grab an arrow and lets do a few shots on paper just to see the difference...

With tne change of the grip, the RPM now sits perfect during draw and anchor, no more torque I can see looking at the cams during full draw.

Three arrows on paper gave me three solid bullet holes and this from a bow I shot last in Feb this year.

Really amazing what difference the bow grip made...

So next time you struggle with torque and just not getting comfortable with your bow look at your grips and try something different.

You might get the surprise I got.

The RPM will be my main bow for July with the Destroyer my back up.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good post.
I have had a similar experience.
I have a Hoyt with a pretty decent factory grip.
My pro shop owner taught me how to better grip the bow and the torqueing went away.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
To be honest...

The proof will be in July when I so the final prep for the hunt.

Once I start shooting my Slick Trick's I will have the confirmation.

The Destroyer 350 shoots the Tricks With pin point accuracy out to 50 yards.

July will confirm the RPM will do the same.

But I am confident this will be the case.

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote