New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spray foam target fix
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been using cheap spray foam for the last few years to mend holes in my McKenzie bucks and block targets.

At this point, I can say that a $5 can of foam pretty much doubles the life of a replacement vital zone or a shredded block target. Just fill in the gaps. The foam expands, so it works particularly well for the layered foam targets. It cinches the layers back up and prenvents them from pulling out.

Anyone else finding the same thing?

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I use it to keep bats out of the siding in my house.

For targets I use my old grain bags and stuff them with old clothes. Spray paint some dots on the bags and shoot them until they need replacing and then just stuff the old one into a new bag.

Posts: 19150 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Dear JD

I had a try with grocery bags au lieu de rags. Not good . The arrows seem to melt the plastic and you�ll grow as big nice shoulders as with the McKenzies. Not speaking of the odd mouth-shaped scars nocks deliver, even on Sunday, for free.

Dear Ann,

When I am saying �I am stuck�, that is : I am stuck because I booked a hunt in the CAR in February. Consequently I cannot jump on your attractive opportunities.
I do overwork and therefore have little time left, anyhow each year I can go hunting Africa, but only once a year. Be sure concerning next year I�ll wait for your offers before selecting any outfitter.

Yes bow hunters are a small (weird) breed in France. A couple of thousands. We are frowned at as if we would be poachers. But archery is enticing more and more shooters and non-hunters. Time is on our side. We are still requested to shoot down problem animals dwelling in or close to the cities : no noise, no wild bullet, no ricochet.
Our usual games are roe-deer and wild boar. Far less red stag, chamois and mouflon. The best bow hunters are shooting hares and ducks. I am mad with running boars shooting. One should wait on a trail dog-harassed boars rocketing right into your lap. I crave to get hold of KEVLAR or iron cast trousers. I am now a super-froggie, can jump quick and far from arrowed boars.
I missed a roe fawn yesterday (bucks are yet antlerless) Frost and cold wind could be good excuses?
Equipment was scarce due to not many bow hunters. Equipment selection is growing fast and God bless CABELAS and BASSPRO SHOP, it� a cinch to order them and deliveries are quick and seamless. A shame many American dealers don�t deliver abroad, but everything is changing, we have to suffer patiently.
BTW did You get your buck?

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote