Find
Notify
Tools

Teken Broadheads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys,

I've already killed two doe here in KY with my trusty Steelhead 100's. Both zipped right through and neither deer went more than 20 yards. They did live long enough to travel much further but must not have known they were shot. Penetration with those little heads is excellent!

So, what do you do when something works? Try something else. Wink

These Teken heads look awsome...... solid steel (like the Steelheads) but with much thicker blades. However, I am a little curious about how the blades don't rotate backward and therefore have a "barbed" effect. I guess they are legal Confused

I'll shoot another one soon and let you know how it performed. My plan is to shoot through at least one shoulder and see if they'll shoot through like the Steelheads do. Not much of a test to shoot through the ribs since everybody knows what happens with that shot.

I sure do love that September 2 opener Big Grin

Posts: 109 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted Hide Post
My motto is "if it ain't broke -- DON"T BREAK IT!"

But you are entitled to do as much 'research' as you think you need. If the Teken heads don't work for you, you still have the others.

Pictures are always nice, in either case... Big Grin

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Posts: 269 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 07 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
How about taking the deer with the ones you know work, then testing the shoulder shot on a carcase?

Might prevent a problem...

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote