Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy stuff
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted
I knew it would happen sooner but hoped later....

My rig is worn out. It has served me well for so long that I don't even know where to start looking for a replacement. I have limited access to 'pro shops' so first time around I did it all myself. I might not want to do that this time, but I don't even know where to look so I can decide.

Where do you buy stuff?

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Posts: 269 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 07 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know you say you have limited access to a proshop.But I wouldnt buy a new bow without shooting a few different brands.Even if you have to take a whole day and drive somewhere.They dont cost a hundred bucks anymore.

Posts: 66 | Location: manchester md | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily the bow but all the stuff that you end up "needing" after the bow purchase.

Wink

Posts: 269 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 07 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are anywhere near Houston or Dallas, there is Gander Mountain, Cabelas and Bass Pro shops, as well as several shops. Otherwise, I have bought from Mountain Archery and Eders. both have given good service.

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
And then there is ebay. That is where I get my arrows, broadheads and my last arrowrest from.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Try Archery Talk forums. There is a classified section there that has deals far better than ebay. I bought a nice Mathews LX for 375 shipped and I've seen them go for less. The same bow on ebay goes for up to 500.

There are alot of competition archers on archerytalk.com that go through bows pretty regular and usually sell bows that are not very old. May have to put new strings on some of them or have them do it for you before they ship.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted Hide Post
Thank, all. Getting back up to speed on all the equipment advances from the last 12 years.

Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do most of my shopping at FS Discount Arrows and TR Outdoors. FS has been cheapest on shafts, been using them for about 15 years.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
If you want to order things for Archery try Keystone country store. Geared more toward archery than the other retailers.

Posts: 323 | Location: Jackson, Miss | Registered: 12 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I second Keystone

Posts: 497 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pro-shops first, then Cabelas, Keystone, and various on line sites, including Hunters Friend.