Find
Notify
Tools

Another Muzzy moment
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
I have taken my last Doe for the season from the Ohio deer population. That makes 6 and all I have left is my Special buck tag. (They are called Special, really).

Shot this whopper of a Doe tonight at 529pm. The 3 blade Muzzy entered square in the onside shoulder in the exact middle of the body and exited out through the heart. There was essentialy no blood left in the thoracic cavity when I dressed her. She made it all of 40 yards, and I broke a good sweat dragging her to the truck. I estimate her live wt. at 170. She was old.

It has rained all day and was still coming down but light while I was in stand. It literally stopped about 3 minutes before I released the arrow.

Now if I could just get a big Ohio Bruiser to come within bow range....

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
So, do you still need some does taken from the area? Smiler

Ya gonna make your brother break a sweat, too? If you loved him you'd let me do all that work! Big Grin

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Trust me, there are plenty of Does/deer. The only problem is Indian Hill has a registration time frame and all hunters must be signed up by Sept. 30. If not by then, you cannot hunt. I didn't know that.

I don't know what it will be next year. Looks like Ohio's season will open on either Sept. 29th (saturday) or a week later on the 6th of Oct. So Indian Hill will be closed for registration on opening day, whichever one it is. We'll be sure to hook up before then and get you on a property!

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Great! dancing

I have no problem with the police requirements, (Scouts?), etc. I just never had a landowner/sponsor that followed through.

Twice I've had one spouse start to sign me up and the other one said NO. (50/50 male female!)

Don_G

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Yep, know all about that. Has happened to us twice now, and usually it's the MAN that says NO. (little girly men pansies, vegetarian bastards)

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Once it was the husband, once the wife.

Ditto the comments. Wait 'til they wrap the Mercedes around Bambi!

Don_G