THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Who comes up with these shows???

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who comes up with these shows???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted
I came home last night to find my youngest son watching a "hunting" show that really frosted my nuts!

These ... humans were "hunting" in Conneticut in peoples back yards because they have an overpopulation issue. Fine.
But they show these guys dressed in full camo knocking on doors asking to hunt in the back yard. Then being indignant when told no. To further make it turn my stomach, they hit one and trailed it to a yard they did not have permission to be in. Did the call DF&G to recover it? No! They went through some decieving, clandestine sneak attack to get it out of there.

This show makes bowhunters look like baffoons. To add insult it's called "Chasing Tail". Not exactly classy, nor representative of the general bowhunting population. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just another "reality" show that doesn't show how things really are as usual.

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
That show is awful and needs to be taken off the air. It makes all hunters look horrible. The "hunters" should be ashamed of themselves for portraying us all so poorly.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All part of the ongoing "dumbing down" of America. There are so many low-brow idiots in this country that we may be doomed. Who the hell watches this crap?

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I believe that show does more to hurt real archers than any "anti-hunters" could do.

5 min was all I could take without throwing something through the TV screen.

rudyc

"It's a good day for something"

Posts: 319 | Location: S E Wisconsin | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lost 20 minutes of my life watching this as well. I agree with the comments but would also add that there is no hunting involved in this show unless you count following up a hit deer. I see no difference between this shows hunting and my nephew sitting on a couch/deer stand and shooting computer game deer, except he has manners. Makes us bow hunters look lazy, crooked and really classy. At least my nephew isn't out there turning undecided voters into anti hunting voters. Hell, I would vote against hunting if this was all I knew about it.

On the other side, its even worse. The hunting shows reflect the American hunter, or the marketers wouldn't pay for them to shill their scent eliminating condoms or whatever BS we Americans will buy before next season. These shows are an accurate depiction of a significant number of us. That in my opinion is the most tragic point of this show and almost all others.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What show was that?
We have a huge issue with deer here in CT - and in the town I live in, due to a very old law from the 70's, its acutally illegal to hunt (even with a bow) for them.

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote