THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Bow Fishing Bow. Any recommendations?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bow Fishing Bow. Any recommendations?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who makes a good bow for fishing? Recurve or Compound.

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just my two cents, but I like a recurve and have a PSE. Entry level bows are all over ebay

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was looking and thinking about PSE recurve.

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ten years ago I bought a Kudu Takedown to replace a Bear Kodiak that I broke after 41 years. It doesn't get taken down. It is quick to get into action and there are none of the wheels and things that get in the way with a recurve. I can draw and shoot at a rolling gar in a half second and can shoot it instinctively to the point of being surgical with it. Same could be said of any other recurve and some compounds.
I spend most of my time bank bowfishing and crawling around trees and brush streamside. I think a compound would get in the way here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've always used a recurve also, never wanted anything different as the recurve is the fastest to get a shot off (for me anyway). Anything from 40-50lbs is more than enough.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1168 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I was at the local (Lincoln,NE) Scheels a couple days ago and saw the new PSE TD recurve designed for bowfishing. The riser was metal alloy of some sort. Looked "serviceable" and that's all you really need. If I am not mistaken - $159.

One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
Oneida Osprey is about the best there is for bowfishing. You can get them at some Basspros as they recently bought out the company.

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got two of these and love them. The kits have most everything you need to go out and shoot fish!

One of my buddies who is a full time bowfishing guide recommended them to me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...s=pse+bowfishing+bow

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die

"Men don't change. The only thing that should surprise a man in his life is the history he doesn't know." Harry Truman

Posts: 451 | Location: West Coast of Florida | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote