THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Best place to bowhunt Caribou ?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best place to bowhunt Caribou ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Would like to hunt Caribou next fall with bow.
Best odds ?
Thanks,

Russ

one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted Hide Post
Quebec, Canada. i would have to say that, only because it is the only place i have hunted them. If you are placed in front of the migration , you will not believe how many caribou you will see.OOOPPPSSSS, i just noticed you said "next fall", that may be tough to book, but can always try.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can you suggest an outfitter that you have used or have good knowledge of ? If 2014 doesn't work, then 2015 might be ok.
Thanks for your help.

Russ

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Wayne is correct. The key though is getting there when the migration occurs. I was there quite a few years ago and missed the migration. Six of us shot three caribou. I never got as shot. Went back the next year and fared a little better. Shot a small one first day so I wouldn't get skunked and shot a medium one the last day.
I would ask is the camp or hunters will get moved if the migration is not in the area you are hunting. If I ever went back, that would be a must for me.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any recommendations for outfitters ?

Russ

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Arctic Adventures- but like everything north, timeing is everything and impossible to predict this far out.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks jdollar. I looked online and the Arctic Adventures I found was devoted to fly fishing. Is there another one or do they also guide for Caribou ? Thanks

Russ

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
the last time i hunted with them they offered unguided/drop camp hunt out of Fort Chimo( can't spell the Inuit word for the place) but that was 15 years ago.maybe they are out of the hunting side of the business???

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did find Jack Hume's Arctic Adventure. I wonder if that's the one ? http://www.jackhumeadventures.com/

Russ

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with High North Outfitting,Kevin Mattice out of Kuujjuaq ( Fort Chimo)last year.I was into caribou every day and shot 2 bulls.His operation takes a limited amount of hunters and Kevin guides too.Next year quebec is going to one caribou limit.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I'll look him up.

Russ