One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted
He is back with another "new" company.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know Tink and he's the real deal.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
He used to be a regular on this forum, a LONG time ago. I am sure he is the real deal, but I was a little concerned about his grasp on sanity. He was WAYYYYY out there. You can never really be sure of anyone on the internet though....it might have all been an act. Regardless, if I ever met him I'd sure stay on my toes...first impressions are lasting impressions.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good old Tink. he is the real deal and is an awesome source of knowledge. You either love him or loathe him. One thing is for sure, debates are not boring with him around.

BTW - is he still a member on this forum?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but I was a little concerned about his grasp on sanity. He was WAYYYYY out there. if I ever met him I'd sure stay on my toes...first impressions are lasting impressions.

Ditto! My thoughts exactly Big Grin.

Life's Tough....God's Good....Pray Hard!

Posts: 40 | Location: NC | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
Tink moved back to Texas after Katrina- west of Kerrville. He hangs out on TexasBowhunter.com now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know the real story on Tink? Was the government after him or just creditors? Did the statute of limitations run or has he squared up with the government and his creditors? I was told he lived in South Africa for several years. I saw him at the Shot Show last year. He looked like a worn out old man. He use to have a pretty hot daughter. I was quite impressed with the pictures of her in cut offs shooting a bow. Maybe Tink will tell his lifes story, I am sure he has some interesting tales.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Longshot, You still have a photo of his daughter? I knew a Nathan girl in RSA way back, might be the same one.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually hunted with him in the fall of 1979. It was my first archery elk hunt & we ended up in the same camp in SW montana. He had just returned from a trip to africa & had lots of photos of what he shot over there. Frankly I'd classify him as a first class jerk basis that five days of hunting together. And my recollection was that his hunting skills or archery skills were nothing special at all.
Then 6-8 years ago, I was in Wash DC & saw him at the airport. I talked to him briefly, but he didn't have much time. He did have a Hottie with him, not sure if it was his daughter or something else. As someone mentioned above, he looked pretty old & tired.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I worked for him as a guide from 87-88 on his West Virginia farm. I built the arrows he shot the record bull elephant on video with. He lost his ass on a bear hunt in 87. Seems to me lost alot of camera equipment and no bear/no video. That I believe was the begining of the end. He took great care of us but, he had some out there ideas. The company came apart just as he was getting ready to send myself and another guy to New Zeland to learn to raise deer for his operation (Urine collection not canned hunts). Not sure what happened. Good man, I hope all is well with him and his family. Hard to beleive that was almost 20years ago. Now I am an old man LOL

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must agree, his daughter was hot enough to make a man write bad checks. She could also out shoot 90% of the guys I knew

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is link to Tink and what he is up to. That hottie must have been his Daughter.

http://www.women-outdoors.com/tink.htm

Posts: 175 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote