THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    28th Annual Stick-Bow Pheasant Hunt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

28th Annual Stick-Bow Pheasant Hunt
 Login/Join

posted
Our 28th Annual Traditional Archery Pheasant hunt is in the books.
Miles of smiles and lots of YUK YUKs

As usual, I mmmmmissed my fair share of birds, however, one of my pals scored on a nice rooster.

Here is a link to an article in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

https://www.jsonline.com/story...ual-shoot/378850002/

"It's a good day for something"

Posts: 319 | Location: S E Wisconsin | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid in Wisconsin my dad would drag me and my brother along as he attempted to track pheasants in the snow and shoot one with a flu-flu arrow. He never did get one - doing so is certainly a feat!

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
HOW COOL IS THAT?!

Cool

What poundage are these bows running?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16348 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Most guys are using their regular hunting bows. I was using a 47# sinew backed Osage bow. The fellow in the pic was using a 49# bow.

"It's a good day for something"

Posts: 319 | Location: S E Wisconsin | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote