Find
Notify
Tools

Dirt Nap Gear Broadhead
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted
I've designed and manufactured the new Dirt Nap Gear D.R.T (Dead Right There) broadhead (a little shameless self promotion here).

Please feel free to have a look at the head and check out the website. I took them to Botswana this year with fantastic results on everything from Eland down to warthog. They feature our own "Modular Weight System" (MWS) and are available in single bevel or double bevel with a large .63 inch bleeder blade. Very tough heads.

If anyone is going on a neat bowhunt please contact me soon as I'd love some more testing in exotic locations (with pictures).

Dirt Nap Gear - Broadheads

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if Tennessee/Kentucky are considered "Exotic" enough, but I sure do know how to test products and write up an evaluation. Contact me if you're interested...

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Sounds like I need to get some in the mail!

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Simply, Elegant but always approachable

Posts: 354 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got your package Tom. With any luck, I will stick one into a rather large 10 point I have staked out.

Posts: 11906 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
They kinda look like silver flames, only nastier. Let me get this strait, if I destroy the BH on heavy bone they will replace it?

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I'm glad you got them. Let me know how they work for you.

Canadian,
Yep, if you break it then please send it back to us and we will replace it.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If they truly fly like fieldpoints, could this not be the perfect boadhead?
No variables to consider with this.
Aim-release-slice-retrieve.
As an honest bowhunter, is there anything else you could ask for?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They remind me of the old Bear razor broad heads. I am going back to fixed blades this year and would like to try these out . What weight heads do you offer ?

Thanks Bob

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1291 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oops--I just read your website ,and it explained about the moduler weight system .

They look like a well made head .

Thanks Bob

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1291 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom:

I shot a nice 8 pt yesterday afternoon with your broadhead. It was a perfect shot with the arrow exiting the exact center of the shoulder. Other than the first few feet (sand which is always impossible) there was a hell of a blood trail. I was impressed.

Sorry I didn't take pictures. It was extremely hot. I wanted to get the deer and get it back before it spoiled.

Thanks!

Posts: 11906 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's great Larry! Congratulations!

We had another success yesterday. Pro Staffer John Parker shot this velvet Kentucky whitetail yesterday evening. Check out that entrance wound!

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm heading up the hall road in AK for boo not real exotic but fun. Last year it was -47 I could give them a good cold weather test.

Posts: 166 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Purchased some of these broadheads. Previously I had tuned my bow for the 100 grain stinger broadheads, had great luck with them.
These broadheads shot to same POI.
I always shoot one broadhead at 30 yards, then 2 field tips. If broadhead is to right of impact of field tips, I move rest in the direction broadhead needs to go.
This works great for me

Posts: 527 | Location: New Orleans,La. | Registered: 27 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you like them! We have a facebook page as well if anyone is on facebook.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And for the ladies and breast cancer awareness we are offering the "Heartbreakers".

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com