THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Horton's great customer service

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Horton's great customer service
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
First, congratulations on finding a way to bow hunt despite your heart condition. Also, lucky you, for not getting hurt during those mishaps.

Good to hear there's companies like that. They probably recognized and appreciated that you were being honest with them, too. Good luck getting your deer.

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi guys! I just wanted to let everyone know how good Horton's customer service has been to me.

First a little background info. I have a serious heart condition that has made it impossible for me to continue to hunt with conventional archery equipment. Doc says that if I strain drawing a bow or strain doing anything else, I could drop dead; so I have applied for a crossbow license and have purchased a Horton Legend XL 175 crossbow so I can continue to bowhunt.

Right after I got the bow in, I was shooting it trying to get used to it and get it sighted in, and I accidentally dry fired the bow. The long and short of the story is that one pully landed about 30 feet to my left and the other one landed about 30 feet to my right. The limbs were fine, but the string and cables had broken and the pully brackets slipped off the end of the limbs. Luckily I was fine except for a small cut on my left cheek; either the end of the string or cable flicked me as they broke.

I called Horton customer service and explained the situation to them and told them I understood that dry firing the bow voided their warranty on it. I told them the limbs were fine and that I wanted to purchase a new string and cable for the bow and for them to just send it to me, and I would have it installed, since I didn't think that I would be able to get the bow back in time for hunting season if I shipped it to them.

They told me which string and cable I needed, and I proceeded to order it from them, and I got it from them in about a week. I proceeded to take it to take it to a local pro shop and had the string and cable installed.

When I got it home, I was shooting it, and on the fourth shot, the string and cable broke again (no dry fire this time). God was looking out for me again, and I was not hurt this time either!

I called Horton customer service, and explained the whole situation to them again, and the very nice woman I spoke with gave me a return authorization number and told me everything would be fixed under warranty.

I packed the bow up and sent it to Horton on September 16th, certain that I would miss the first couple of weeks of bow season because I was certain that they would not get the bow repaired and back to me before our archery season opens on October 2nd.

Well, I called on the 24th, just to check on whether they had even gotten my bow back at the factory yet, and customer service informed me that they got the bow back, replaced the limbs, cables, and string for me, and shipped the bow back out to me on the 22nd, and that it is scheduled to be delivered to me on the 27th. No charge!

I don't know how to really explain just how good it feels to have a quality company like Horton be concerned enough about their customers (even when the damage has been the customer's fault)to do the repair work under warranty and to do is so quickly that I should have the bow back in plenty of time to get it sighted and and ready for the opening day of hunting season!

I just want to say that on the strength of the quality of their products and their unbelievably great customer service, I would highly recommend their products to anyone!

Sincerely,

Ole Miss Rebel

Posts: 27 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 September 2003Reply With Quote