THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Joseph Marshall III (Lakota)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joseph Marshall III (Lakota)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a problem…

In 2011 I made contact with Joseph Marshall III, he is a member of the Rosebud Sioux tribe and a well-known author. Plus he is equally well-known as an expert on native american archery.

I ordered a true Lakota bow and arrow from him, he wanted to make both hunting and war arrows. He acknowledged the order as well a my payment, even mailed me pictures of Lakota bows and arrows. Mr. Marshall keeps me waiting for years. Maybe two years ago he told me something like this: "Sorry, I'm unable to to produce the items, I don't have time for that, I'm too busy with writing." I was looking forward to the items, you can imagine my disappointment. Why was he accepting my order plus money if he is such a busy person? His son Mike was supposed to make quiver and bow case.

He said that he would refund me. Well, that was also a lie. We are in 2016 and he still owes me the money, now with interest close to $ 1,000. Joe is pretending to be a good man, so why is he breaking our agreement?

Well, my story has nothing to do with bowhunting but only with archery. I just don't know what to do, maybe one of you has a glue? I have contacted many different people - nobody could assist me. I spoke to an attorney at New Mexico (Marshall is living there) but that approach would have been too expensive. I would like to give my story to the press but don't know what newspaper/magazine would print it.

Marshall's books are excellent, just imagine that famous person, he even appeared in one of Steven Spielberg's movies, is cheating other people. I have sent him countless emails - no reply...

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have live near and work on a large reservation.

We have a saying if one never wants to see a native barrow him money then let the word out your looking to get paid back you well not see him again.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I used to be a member of his forum, there was a chat room there but because of all the fighting that went on he closed it, there are video's there of him shooting his bows, there are also links to music from native singers.
Being part native myself i know of people who dont follow through with what they say they will do, it is sad for both parties, i would sit down and send him another e/mail or if you like send him a registered letter, if that doesnt work i would contact the better buisness bureau and let them know what happened, see if they can help, i wish you much luck for both parties on this matter.

http://josephmarshall.com/

Posts: 65 | Location: texas | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much pds and bubba. I have never heard of the Better Business Bureau before, hopefully they are able to assist, I just contacted them. Regarding the refund I have sent Marshall countless emails (jmarichale@gmail.com)but no luck, he never replied.

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most states have Small Claims Courts where a suit can be brought at little cost, no attorneys allowed. However, even if you got a money judgment collecting it would likely be no more successful than your efforts to date.

The BBB will accept a report, but they have no leverage and no real motivation to act.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I think you are SOL.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote