THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Botswana Dangerous Game Bowhunting - is it legal?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Botswana Dangerous Game Bowhunting - is it legal?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone here bowhunted in Botswana or do you know if bowhunting is authorized for the dangerous game?

I've been looking around the net and I have heard three conflicting pieces of information:

1) Bowhunting is not allowed in Botswana.
2) Bowhunting is authorized but frowned upon and hunters must pay a double trophy fee.
3) and last... it is not authorized for dangerous game.

What is the truth with bowhunting in Botswana?

Posts: 35 | Location: KS | Registered: 05 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I dont know which area makes you but I know that there are minimum amount of pull weights as well as arrow weight, cut on contact broadheads, and possibly an african big game bowhunting course is suggested?

May want to ask your question on www.Texasbowhunter.com There are some on there that are going this year and have before for bowhunting big game in africa

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Post the question on the African hunting forum, there are plenty of experts and PH's from Bots who post on there.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote