New
Find
Notify
Tools

6-pointer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got my first bow buck this evening a 6 pt. It was a lung shot and my arrow went all the way through! I felt it was a good hit so i didn't wait any half hour i only waited about 30 seconds and i tracked it easily because it wasn't dark yet and it bled and upturned leaves as it ran. It went about 80 or 90 yards. After shooting through the blind wall the other day i figured i done missed two because my arrow falls off the rest so i made darn sure it was on there before i shot because that happened last year, too. I'd rather shoot through the wall than wound one so i'm just glad i finally got it right.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good going! I haven't had a shot yet since I fixed my release. With the rain and then heat, the deer vanished. I seen some tonight but all at a distance.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your first bow buck.

It is habit forming!

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good going!!! All that patience has paid off, hope the steaks are nice.

the chef

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
great job. no pics??

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Husband wanted to go get the camera but my hair was dirty and i was covered with blood and i said no. I only washed my hands and we went and checked it in where my brother works And then we had to go home and skin it, so it was a busy evening. It didn't have that big of a rack...about volleyball size but it probably weighed a hundred pounds. It was bigger than the two i got in rifle season last year.

It was 56 degrees today so my husband dismembered it and put it on ice and we're going to finish cutting it up and wrapping it tomorrow.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Congrats Plinker!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote