THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Suggestions on arrows for tuning

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions on arrows for tuning
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have had a long layoff from bowshooting, and I am needing to tune up a couple of new(to me) recurves that I have. Is there anybody you guys can suggest that can help me with a "grab bag" of different spined arrows I can use to test fire each bow in turn.
I want to get a good tune, but I don't want to spend a wad on arrows that I won't use.

My local bow shop is a compound only affair, and the owner is not interested in fooling around with recurves.

I have got it narrowed down to a small group of potential shafts, and I know I want feather fletching, and I will be shooting fingers.

I am in West Virgina around Clarksburg

How do you guys approach this problem?

Also not ready to start "rolling my own"

thanks
LT

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
I got around this exact problem by shooting Grizzly Stix. They shoot good from my recurve and my longbow(same arrows) even though the longbow is 11# more in pull. I was going to try one on my compound too to see if I found the ultimate arrow! I would change the tip for the compound to a 125gr from a 250gr though. I just need a drop away rest to try.
If you are fixed on other arrows you could try 3 Rivers as they sell tuning kits for your bow but may not be for the arrows you want.
Best of luck.

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 for the tuning kits from 3 rivers. You can get wood shafts or carbon. A couple years ago I went to NALS and had to shoot woodies, I got the kit and it saved tons of time and saved money in the long run.

have fun

the chef