THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    You're invited to a trad event

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You're invited to a trad event
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all, just thought I'd extend an invitation to the trad hunters of the world.

The Alberta Traditional Bowhunters Association is having their annual shoot, First weekend of august. It'll be close to Innisfail Alberta and we'd love to have additional shooters. It's a great event and fun for the whole family. The supper will be cooked by yours truly (how do I got roped into this I'll never know) and I'm sure the food will be fantastic.

These trad shoots are a great way to meet fellow bowhunters and see how others do their thing and what equipment they shoot. Who knows you might even meet a future hunting partner there.

Take a look at your website for more info

www.albertatraditionalbowhunters.com

cheers

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
CC1: Nice Web site! Boy, you fellas sure have some nice whitetails up your way!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tis true there are some dandy whitetails up here. I'm always amazed to go to the horn measuring events. There are some real monsters that come in and very few of them ever get officially entered into the record books-just hung on the wall.

one of us
posted Hide Post
[IMG]ATBA logo image not allowed[/IMG]

If I recall correctly, Pearson Deadhead. Big Grin

I'd love to attend the event and learn some things. Never been to Canada.

couple ???

How much in US dollars is $20 Cdn?

Is the camping free?

Are biting bugs bad there that time of year?

If I showed up with a mech release and sights on a recurve, would I be sent away or can I shoot? Roll Eyes

hmmm, around here you can drive around in Aug and often see the big bucks in the fields in daylight. Is it the same around where the Jamboree is?

archer

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our dollars are pretty close right now, you'll gain a bit on your bucks.

Camping is included in the registration fee. Don't hold me to this but registration is about $50 or $60 per person. Kids are cheaper. There is a supper and it's 20 bucks per person.

There will be bugs but they are what we use for arial targets so bring lots of flu-flus. I prefer to use judo points when shooting bugs as they get imbeded and are sure to bring the bug down. There is a prize for the biggest mosquito.

The bugs won't be too bad actually, but bring some bug dope and long sleeves etc.

I haven't seen a prohibition against releases and sights. True you'll get some weird looks and comments but to each their own. I'll go out on a limb and say right now that you'll be allowed to shoot like that. I'll raise supreme hell if anyone disagrees.

It's a really fun shoot, great for the family, and a nice way to meet new friends.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If I were to drive, I'd have to take a month off work to make the ~5400 mile trip.

I'd make some stops along the way, pick up some rocks, and look at Indian stuff. Wink

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote