New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is everybody ready?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Early archery seasons are starting now. The Bucks are still on a Summer schedule....I have 9 different Bucks feeding at 2:30 to 4:30 PM off a couple corn piles on the property. We start this Saturday, but we're required to take a Doe first in the Early Archery season, so I'll hunt a different area.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
September 17th for us...and no I'm not ready Big Grin

Too focused on teal and geese at the moment.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too focused on teal and geese at the moment.

Not a bad diversion :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got my stand all ready ...:-)

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1291 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2 weeks from tonite I'll be in extreme northern Idaho (Unit 1) on a bow hunt for rutting bulls. Bow is tuned and BH's are sharp. Looking forward to it!!

Gary

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Biebs!!

Gary

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't shot my bow since last year. I think I'm going to sit out most of the archery season or try to get my daughter her first crossbow deer.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's more fun to watch the next generation succeed in our passion, for sure!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm still working on my box blinds. After six heart attacks and a stroke, I don't do tree stands any longer. So I traded some stands for a crossbow. But I still have to get the blind finished and installed on telephone poles....

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shof, take it slow and steady. It'll be too hot early on to hunt anyway.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Good luck on that doe in the morning, Jon.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I owe our town Secretary a rear quarter :-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that open for just deer or bear also ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, Bear is in October (Archery then Muzzle Loader), and then again during firearms season in early December. Today my friend and I had to go find a 55 gallon drum of bait that was carried off into the woods by a big Bear. They're starting to go on the Fall feeding frenzy!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
And the Biebster has just the muzzleloader to let the air out of said bear.
(Or at least he did, perhaps briefly.)

rotflmo

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Briefly, indeed :-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Who got the bear's donut barrel , Biebs or the bear ?? Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

They're not so tough....and I LOVE donuts :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:

They're not so tough....and I LOVE donuts :-)

You are a junior donut just like your governor a real fat donut Cool

I will be rifle hunting white tails in oct in TX. 308 tikka is what I am thinking of using.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the banana clip and a case of ammo!