Notify
Tools

New Toy! Switchback LD
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted
Mathews Switchback LD

Simply put, the best bow I have ever shot.

Ok... Ok... it is only the 3rd bow I have ever shot, but I shot the same PSE for over 10 years. Razzer

Dealer received it Thursday. If it weren't for having to wait for arrows, I would have been shooting that evening. I ended up having to wait till the next afternoon (Friday).

In the past, I have always bought everything - set it up myself - tuned it - made my own arrows - re-served strings - etc... Since it had been so long since I had changed anything on my old bow, I just got the dealer to set it up for me.
That was really refreshing. thumb

He popped it into the press, waved his hands over the bow, chanted something, and bingo - bullet hole tear on first shot through paper! Eeker

So I RACE home early from work Friday to make some holes in my target. I am shooting better after just 3 days with this bow than I was at my best (shooting 3D daily with my old bow)! I can't honestly tell you my groups because I can't shoot more than one arrow at a dot. (expensive arrows Wink Wink )

We went out today and shot a couple dozen arrows from our tree stands.
My buddy says all he can hear is the arrow pounding the target.
Season opens Saturday morning!

I'm really impressed with the bow and my local dealer to say the least. jumping

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Posts: 269 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 07 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
The entire Outback/Switchback line is very impressive to me - I have an 8 year old FeatherMax, but I've shot the original Switchback.

I also have a new Allegiance. It is tougher to tune than the Mathews Solocams, but seems to be holding tune very well. Shoots hard and accurate, but is not as forgiving as the Mathews, IMHO.

What part of Texas are you in? Those pics could be anywhere from Brazoria through College Station or most of the Hill Country bottoms or even up to Paris.

Those small-bodied deer with big racks bring back memories!

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted Hide Post
31" draw 70lbs 425 gr arrow @ 270fps

I'm sure there are faster bows, but this one is sweet Wink

Brownwood, Tx 76801

Posts: 269 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 07 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
I used to live on a farm just outside Comanche.

That's actually some good-looking pasture land for that area!

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted Hide Post
You should have seen it before the rain... ugh! It was almost a YEAR since the last decent rain. Prolly why there were so many deer under that feeder!

(psst.... you know you want to come back to Texas....)