New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot my Bow Today
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I have been lazy, and I have not shot my bow in at least 2 or almost 3 years. Shame on me.

But I got it out today and I just fired a few shots. It is Mathews DXT set at 66, or 68 lbs if I remember corrrectly. The sight is the HHA single pin, that you adjust the distance like a ballistic cam on a rifle. Arrows are the Easton skinny Carbon fiber.
I did kill a doe and a nice 8 Pt Buck 3 years ago at 24 and 25 yards with it.

I plan on deer, turkey and pig hunting with it this year.

I started shooting at 20 yards. I am going to shoot a few shots several times durring the next few days, then when I am perfectly dialed in, move to 25 yards and repeat, out to 40 yards. I hope to feel confident to take a shot at 30 yards, by hunting season.

I have two targets, one for field points and one for broadheads. after I get pretty well dialed in at 20 yards with field points I will shoot some broadheads, at each range before I move back. When I say "dialed in" I men when I am dialed in, the bow shoots very well.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is not much that can beat the satisfaction of stalking and taking game at close range with archery gear. Good luck and straight shooting!
JCHB

Posts: 411 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote