New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shoot-through Blinds
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been seeing more advertising about 'shoot through' mesh windows in pop-up ground blinds. Any experience pro or con?

Posts: 116 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted Hide Post
I'll be interested to get feed back on this as well. From what i've read and seen on other sites there seems to be little problem with fixed broadheads but some debate on mechanicals. I'm on the verge of ordering a couple of Double Bull matrix blinds . Lets here what you all have to say.

Posts: 263 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 08 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
Ive used them with fixed blades with great results. The one that I have does have a warning not to use mechanicals though.

Hugh

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one but I've never shot an arrow though the mesh yet. I still prefer an open window on the Double Bull.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hughiam:
Ive used them with fixed blades with great results. The one that I have does have a warning not to use mechanicals though.

Hugh

How is accuracy and/or range affected by shooting through the mesh?

Posts: 116 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
I was shooting 100grain thunderheads and my wife was shooting 85 grain thunderheads. Bow weights were 45 and 68lbs respectively. She only shot 25 yards and point of impact was the same with and without the netting. I shot out to 30 with no difference.

Hugh

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote