Find
Notify
Tools

String length
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted
I have a 54 inch child's bow that I want to teach my son to shoot. It needs a string and am trying to find the conversion of string to bow.
Thanks
Sam

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Longbow or recurve?

If I remember correctly its 4 inches less for a longbow and 6 inches for a recurve. But like I said my memory could be faulty.

One way to verify this is to go onto tradgang.com and ask.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2789 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Its a long bow.
Thanks

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spend lots of money on replacement bowstrings.

Posts: 1274 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada.  | Registered: 22 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a new string, control cable, and Y cable for $148.99 at World's Best Strings.

Posts: 1274 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada.  | Registered: 22 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would build a draw board using a winch and a peg. Get that child's bow shooting prime.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Get a string with a timber hitch and work up to the brace height that works. Then order accordingly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recurves usually take a string 4" shorter than the AMO marked on the bow and longbows 3" shorter than the AMO.

Strings are measured under tension (I believe 100 lbs) and few bows get near that anymore.

Posts: 66 | Location: Port Crane, NY | Registered: 11 February 2018Reply With Quote