THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Fletchig Jig Recommendations

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fletchig Jig Recommendations
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
Just starting to get into fletching my own arrows. Any recommendations on a nice, durable, easy to use fletching jig?

Oh, at the current time I'm shooting 3555 Hunter Gold carbon arrows, just in case it makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Unit5A
posted Hide Post
http://www.bowhunting.net/evaluation/2003/03-ArizonaEZ-Fletch-RH.html

http://www.ezfletch.com/

I have used one of these for many years (see links) and don't mind recommending it at all. It will do one to three vanes/feathers at a time, and comes in both aluminum and carbon arrow tools. For making or fixing arrows at home, or on the field, it works great. I think it fun actually, and you will certainly save money doing your own.
I'm sure there are others that work great too, but for someone like me not doing huge quantities at a time (and anywhere I want), I would think it hard to beat. After a few arrows, you'll get the knack of it and do a professional job easy and quickly.
Good luck, and have fun.

"Hunt smart, know your target and beyond"

Posts: 394 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends what you're going to do with it. I've got a bohning jig and it does ok. My only gripe is that the degrees of offset aren't marked. If it's just for vanes you should be able to use almost anything. If you want to be able to do feathers, bite the bullet and get a bitzenberger...it's the best for sure.

It's sure nice to be able to repair and make your own arrows. You'll start making those stupid shots-gophers in front of rocks etc. and it won't matter if you damage an arrow, because you'll be able to fix them.

the chef

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I like my bitzenberger...but have only used it for feathers on wood arrows.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted Hide Post
I'll vote for the Bitzenberger. Used it extensively on carbon shafts with a wide variety of fletches.
Quick,easy and accurate to use.

Posts: 263 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 08 June 2006Reply With Quote