THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Another muzzy moment=dead Doe

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another muzzy moment=dead Doe
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
Got another BIG doe last night at 628pm. Had 7 deer around me all together...all Does and fawns.

This Doe was walking around looking up at each tree, so I said to myself, she's got to go.

I left work at 430 and had a 35 minute drive. When I stashed my hunting clothes in the rig, I forgot my face mask and HAT! But, the wind was perfect.

I hadn't been on stand more than 10 minutes when this tiny little deer came in and began moping around feeding on various plants. I always like it when little ones are around, they smell up the place with their deer odor, and they're mostly too stupid yet to realize what I am if they spot me.

Anyway, 2 Good sized Does came in and one walked up to within 7 yards, watched the tiny deer (just lost its spots I guess) then decided to check it out. She was quartering away perfectly as the smelled each others muzzles.

The 3 blade muzzy zipped through at 14 yards, she ran (well loped really) about 20, then fell over. I like bowkills. Especially quartering away shots. You can easily get both lungs and slice the heart for a quick kill. When I opened her up, sure enough, the heart atria were both cut. So far, she's the biggest Doe I've killed this season, probably 160-170 live. She was PHAT, and long in body.

Picked up the other 2 I got Tuesday night. Got 20 pounds of breakfast sausage made from those.

Time to get the skillet going....it's lunch time.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
You make it sound easy!

Hey, once you shoot those muzzies, is it okay to re-use the arrow with that same point? I was just wondering because one of mine stuck in a tree and it stripped the threads off. So i thoughht hitting a deer might weaken the broadhead to where even if it wasn't stripped it might fail when you shot another deer. Do you re-use them or replace them after you kill a deer?

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Naaaa. Last year I used the same arrow on 4 or 5 deer...muzzy head, just kept changing the blades.

So long as the arrow still spins true, it is good.

Hitting a tree isn't the norm though! I hit a tree after sinking an arrow into a buck and I wound up throwing the whole arrow away.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well i just now glued that one back together with instant JB weld after sharpening the blades. If it shoots straight i'll use it. Muzzies seem to be real popular. The bow shop runs out of them during the peak of bow season, then you wait while they're being ordered.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote